Browsing the Shelves




(Storets shearling jacket, MANGO jumper, Bally handbag)

On my days off over the weekend, I always make time to hit up the local bookstore. I catch up on the latest fashion magazines and browse the shelves of some of my favorite authors. I am currently in love with anything by Pulitzer winner, Jhumpa Lahiri, as well as Jodi Picoult, and Joyce Carol Oats. Their prose is absolutely fantastic and captivating. I tend to go through their books quickly because I can’t manage to put them down! Their use of words make it feel like you’re not even reading, but actually living the story.

For my casual day out shopping and reading, I slipped into a one piece jumper made by one of my favorite Spanish fashion labels, MANGO. It’s comfortable, but still chic. It was pretty chilly, so I layered on a shearling lined jacket. I try not to think twice about what I wear. I love just throwing together casual pieces for a perfectly laidback weekend look. (By the way, I never knew that taking photos inside a Barnes and Noble was a no-go! The security guard simply told me “no photos allowed in the building,” in a voice that lacked authority and kept eyeing me my entire stay. Can you say annoying? I swear I wasn’t doing anything illicit! Guess I will have to be a tad more discreet next time.)

Follow Natalie Off Duty

Follow Natalieoffduty on Twitter
You have read this article with the title Browsing the Shelves. You can bookmark this page URL http://meeshg.blogspot.com/2011/01/browsing-shelves.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...