DIFFA: Dining By Design Part II

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So most of you guys guessed right. Our theme was a Vintage Carnival/Circus.
For those who guessed Alice in Wonderland, well that was one of our first concepts.
To be honest, I wasn't very fond of the Vintage Carnival/Circus idea at first but when you are working in a group, you need to realize there are things you need to compromise.
Initially the ladies wanted to go for a pinkish tabletop and I insisted we go with blue. I'm so glad we went with blue because they were a few tables who did a pink table top.
Also the stripe rug we chose is actually just a plain fabric that we got at Discount Fabrics.
(More of our Table HERE)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Because other designers had three months to prepare for Dining by Design, some of them incorporated awesome architectural elements to their design.
I loved this cut out letter structure box. They didn't incorporate any dining elements which I thought was odd but then again, it's a foundation for AIDS, and their design scheme was all about phrases related to 'hope'. Also they had these cool LED lights that kept changing. I had so much fun inside their little 'box'
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I was so curious how this project was going to turn out since I saw them installing their waffle like structure. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with their table top design. I didn't think it was as cool as their waffle like structure.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

One of my favorites was a design done by one of the SFDC showrooms. It was a Moroccan theme table and was just plain gorgeous and looked very romantic. It reminded me of a sexy honeymoon dinner set up.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I wasn't sure what the concept of this design was but I could see a children's birthday party happening in here.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I really liked the white porcelein tiles with the wood tiles but wasn't really a big fan of the chrismas-y color. The table itself was gorgeous though.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I love it when designers play with light. This one had LED lights on the outer edge of the floor. The wall was gorgeous.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My boyfriend's favorite was this design with a graffiti wall on it. I liked it except for the picnic napkins. However, it goes really well with the theme which I am guessing is an outdoor picnic dinner.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is the Academy Art's design. I loved the chandelier but hated the ugly black box that covered the top of the chandelier. (it's not in the picture because I cropped it)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This was another one of my favorites. Love how they went all out on an icy dinner.
Somebody should do a winter wedding like this. hehe
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and lastly, me walking with my polka dot gift bag with Champagne in it. hehehe
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
(H&M Dress, Aldo Wedges)
You have read this article Interior Design with the title DIFFA: Dining By Design Part II. You can bookmark this page URL http://meeshg.blogspot.com/2009/11/diffa-dining-by-design-part-ii.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...